Thursday 27 August 2020

Food Steamer For Weight Loss / Healthy Cooking


A few years back when I was trying to lose weight and developing healthy eating habits, I invested in a food steamer which proved to be quite a boon for me. Steaming food not only quickens the food cooking but is also one of the healthiest and nutritious methods of healthy cooking. There were times when to cook food easily our grannies used to fry veggies etc so as to cook them fast in the wok. Times changed and our eating habits too began to be better with a lesser amount of activity.

Let me share what my lunch and dinner generally consist of. I love to have one cup of sauteed vegetables for main meals that is my lunch and dinner. Fortunately, this steamer makes the job so very easy for me. Not only does it bring variety to my simple healthy meals but also makes my coking easier to do. Steaming the food in the food steamer saves a lot of nutrients in the cooking process which generally are lost when the water comes in contact. Using +a steamer, food never comes in contact with water. When steamed, the cellular structure of food tissue stays the same.

food steamer

If you don’t want to add much oil in your diet, then food steamer can be one of the best ways to do that. Just steam carrot, broccoli, potatoes, fish, chicken, dumplings, etc, and then saute the ingredients in a tsp of oil. Believe me, food will taste and look better with just a bit of oil.

For example – I make a simple carrot salad where I steam 2 carrots in the steamer. Meanwhile, I dice one onion, 1-2 green chilies, and 1 tomato. Once the carrots are done, which takes around 10 minutes, I cut them into small cubes and add all the diced ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and add lemon juice. Voila! you have instant carrot salad ready for you which tastes good.

Similarly! suppose my husband wanted to eat Pasta. While pasta is getting boiled I steamed carrots, broccoli, few cauliflowers which I would have never bothered to add in my pasta if this food steamer was not there.

Health In Two Steps

  • Chop the steamed vegetables
  • Toss them into the pasta gravy.

My hubby does crib for adding so many vegetables but with pasta, he doesn’t mind.

There are many other ways where you can make use of this steamer and have food that looks fresh, instead of being overcooked and has maintained its nutrients as well.

In the coming days, I will share with you some quick recipes where the steamer has proved to be really convenient.

 You might like reading these also-



source https://betterweightloss.info/food-steamer-for-weight-loss-healthy-cooking/

No comments:

Post a Comment

28 Unimaginable Culinary Nourishment Well being And Wellness Coaches

There’s a riches of information supplied regarding meals, wellness, nourishment, weight-reduction plan plan in addition to dishes– and li...