Saturday 29 February 2020

quality nutrition analysis software, a freelance dietitians’ perspective


Nutritics : quality nutrition analysis software, a freelance dietitians’ perspective

Here’s a review the nutrition analysis software Nutritics, which is currently my most valuable tool in delivering a quality service to my clients. 

My background is as an NHS dietitian where I worked in hospitals for over 10 years, but for the past 6 years I’ve been fully freelance. 

I work in a few areas:

  • I hold private dietetic clinics at Brighton Sports Therapy, as well as the Montefiore Hospital, in Hove, 
  • I’m the sports nutrition tutor to the sports Scholars at Brighton University, 
  • And I work as head of nutrition for Bluecrest health screening company.

Within all these roles it’s really important I have a user-friendly tool for nutrition analysis. It needs to be accurate, easy and efficient to use, GDPR compliant for data protection, and to produce easy to understand analysis of results for my customers to read and be able to interpret what the quality of their diet is at baseline, and what they need to do to improve it. 

I’ve moved over from Dietplan 7 to Nutritics just one month ago, but I would not go back.

I’m going to use my own food diary analysis and meal plan to show how user-friendly Nutritics is. 

I often invite my clients to keep their own 3 day food diary so I can assess the quality of their diet at baseline. I can now offer them the free app that comes with Nutritics, Libro to easily enter the food diary themselves. Here’s a snapshot of my own food diary – it’s much easier then writing everything down, and more accurate as portion sizes are displayed as you enter the food. 

This food diary can then be imported at the click of a button into your Nutritics account, forming a report on the nutritional adequacy of your clients intake. 

Here’s my own report. Graphs are clear, and information on nutrients where there may be a suboptimal intake can be displayed at the click of a button, along with information on which foods that nutrient can be found:

Since using Nutritics my admin time has gone down, and I feel I’m able to offer a better quality service in terms of diet report and meal plans to my customers. 

Entering 3 day food diaries used to take me on average 1 hour per client, they now take half that time if I enter items manually, or I can import food diaries instantly if my client has used the Libro app. 
This means I have more time for seeing clients face to face, and putting together an appropriate meal plan.

Meal plans are easy to compile as macros and calories are updated as you add foods, and displayed in relation to your clients own nutritional targets. You can save templates that are commonly used, e.g. Mediterranean diet, and then modify quantities appropriate to clients.

Most useful is the content of the food tables, which includes branded items as well as protein powders and dairy alternatives, which many of my clients report in their food diaries. 

I would really recommend Nutritics if you often analyse food diaries for your clients:

  • It has a huge range of foods and supplements within its food tables.
  • Data entry is minimal due to the food diary app, which means admin is cut down for your customer also.
  • It reports a clients’ baseline diet in an easy to understand way, and you can insert your own logo in there too.
  • It’s easy to create and store meal plans, which in my experience is a valuable tool in customer education, when it comes to implementing diet changes. 

I hope this blog was useful, please get in touch with me through the contacts page of my website Nom Nom Nerd.com if you’d like to hear more about my services and the work I do. 



source https://betterweightloss.info/quality-nutrition-analysis-software-a-freelance-dietitians-perspective/

No comments:

Post a Comment

28 Unimaginable Culinary Nourishment Well being And Wellness Coaches

There’s a riches of information supplied regarding meals, wellness, nourishment, weight-reduction plan plan in addition to dishes– and li...