Tuesday 3 March 2020

Good Weekend to be a Runner


Wow, what an exciting weekend in running – who else watched the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials on Saturday?! I wish I could have been in Atlanta to cheer in person, but watching it live on TV was pretty awesome, too. 

All the action made me really pumped to get in my half marathon training long run on Sunday, especially since the weather ended up being gorgeous!

I met up with my track buddy Diane and a couple others at Carderock Recreation Area in Potomac, MD. It was a bit of a haul from Alexandria, but the C&O Canal trail up there (near the Billy Goat Trail, our old fave) is so gorgeous, and it was a nice treat to mix it up from the usual views! 

I was planning to step down a bit and do 8 miles just in case because my knee was bothering me a little after last weekend’s 10 miler, but I ended up feeling so good out there that I did the full 10! 

c&o canal trail potomac md

I forgot to re-start my watch when I stopped to tie my shoe early on in the run – whoops! So no watch pic… you’ll just have to take my word for it. 😉

I had some snacks in the car on the drive back, and when I got home, I had some leftovers + an egg, cheese, veggie, and chorizo sausage scramble that Matt made for us. 

refuel after a workout

And then I took a nap when Riese did – I was wiped once the adrenaline/endorphins wore off!

I had the leftover egg/sausage/veggie hash this morning with some PB toast and fruit.

Other food highlights from the weekend:

A really delicious brunch with a bunch of friends on Saturday – check out this spread!

huge brunch spread

We brought the salad to contribute – I always love having some greens at brunch!

Here’s my plate:

my brunch plate

Riese had a blast with her buddies. 🙂

Kid's table at brunch

We also had a fun dinner with friends at our place this weekend – my friend Ben from high school, his wife Taylor, and their daughter Marnie came over to eat + play.

I made a slow cooker chicken cacciatore for the occasion – love doing slow cooker meals when friends come over so all the prep is done ahead of time!

slow cooker chicken cacciatore

This is one of the meals that my friend Jackie and I prepped ahead last month, so all I had to do was defrost the ziplock bag of raw ingredients and then toss it into the slow cooker. 

slow cooker chicken cacciatore prep ahead

We served it over pasta. Yum!

slow cooker chicken cacciatore

Another Italian meal from the weekend: a pizza dinner out! 

We got a BBQ chicken pizza and it was awesome – my new fave. 

del ray pizza

The other dinner from the weekend was these really delicious lettuce wraps with za’atar beef and a freekeh cucumber tomato salad. They were so good – anyone else really into za’atar seasoning lately? What are your favorite uses for it? 

This was a Blue Apron dinner, but if you want more lettuce wrap ideas, check out this post: Healthy Lettuce Wraps Recipes. 

One last picture from the weekend: hers + hers oatmeal. 🙂 

healthy homemade oatmeal

I always add a ton of healthy fat to oatmeal to keep Riese (and myself) full… this batch was my usual banana oatmeal made on the stove (easier than the microwave banana oatmeal version when I’m making a double batch) with diced strawberries, ground flaxseed, a couple spoonfuls of almond butter, and some pumpkin seeds on top for crunch. 

More tips in this post: How to Make Oatmeal More Satisfying. 

Have a nice Monday, friends – it’s a beautiful one here in the DC area! See you back here on Wednesday for some recipe inspiration. 



source https://betterweightloss.info/good-weekend-to-be-a-runner/

No comments:

Post a Comment

28 Unimaginable Culinary Nourishment Well being And Wellness Coaches

There’s a riches of information supplied regarding meals, wellness, nourishment, weight-reduction plan plan in addition to dishes– and li...