Wednesday 30 December 2020

Christmas Week 2020 – fANNEtastic food


Hi friends – I hope you are staying healthy and that you have had a nice holiday week, whatever it has looked like this year for you! 

Here’s my little family on Christmas Day – and don’t worry, I’m wearing my fave cozy leggings and slippers underneath the dress, you just can’t see them in the photo. It is still 2020, after all – I couldn’t get TOO dressed up. 😉 

We woke up on Christmas morning to snow, which was really fun – a white Christmas! I think that has only happened once for me before, when I was little… who else got snow on Christmas this year?

white christmas

Riese was so pumped for presents – it’s fun reliving the holiday magic through a toddler’s eyes. 🙂 She was very excited for some fun new toys!

My favorite gift was this beautiful shadow box my mother-in-law had made for us with a few of Riese’s really early things – her 12 week ultrasound, the hat they put on her when she was first born at the hospital, a couple early pics, and a cute personalized onesie from her early days that she had on during her little newborn photoshoot. 

It’s so special – I started crying when I opened it I was so touched. I can’t decide if we should hang it in Riese’s room or ours… I’m thinking maybe ours? 

And on a fun/way lighter note, please see the amazing socks I got, below. 🙂 Too funny!

back that hass up socks

We tucked into some of my yummy Sausage Egg Casserole for Christmas morning brunch. Love that this is prepped the night before and all you have to do morning of is bake it. 

sausage egg casserole

Plus an arugula salad, orange slices, and a little cinnamon roll. Yum, yum!

christmas brunch - sausage egg casserole, arugula, oranges, cinnamon roll

Post-brunch sledding clearly had to happen. 🙂 Although I feel like I’m ready for a serious tropical vacation at the moment, the snow has been fun!

Matt took Riese on some extreme sledding, but I kept to the small hill… probably wouldn’t be the best idea to wipe out and fall all over my belly right now. 

sledding in the backyard

Christmas day lunch was leftover lasagna + salad! We first had the lasagna the night before – it’s my mother-in-law’s family recipe and it’s really delicious. Super meaty and saucy. 

lasagna with salad

Christmas dinner started with some appetizers, because my father-in-law can never resist the opportunity to put together a charcuterie board, and I was fully in support of this decision:

charcuterie board

Plus a yummy dinner of steak, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, and spinach potatoes. 

steak with mashed potatoes and roasted cauliflower and broccoli

Dessert was some unpictured cake!

Other yummy meals from the past week included some honey baked ham with mac and cheese, baked beans, and broccoli:

honey baked ham with baked beans, mac and cheese, broccoli

My Creamy White Chicken Chili Soup (<- recipe):

chicken white bean chili

And a couple big lunch salads with all the random veggies in the fridge, feta, chickpeas, and some sort of a homemade vinaigrette. I threw strawberries on this one, too!

chickpea and veggie salad

I will leave you with this Mister Rogers themed yard sign I saw one evening during a walk and loved. <3 

mister rogers yard sign

Almost 2021 – woo! 



source https://betterweightloss.info/christmas-week-2020-fannetastic-food/

No comments:

Post a Comment

28 Unimaginable Culinary Nourishment Well being And Wellness Coaches

There’s a riches of information supplied regarding meals, wellness, nourishment, weight-reduction plan plan in addition to dishes– and li...