Friday 29 January 2021

Rochelle lost 162 pounds | Black Weight Loss Success

Rochelle lost 162 pounds. With her daughters and grandsons as her motivation, she is determined to be healthy and avoid a family history of high blood pressure and diabetes. She adopted a plant-based, alkaline way of eating and worked her way up from walking to running.

On November 12, 2013, I decided I needed to make a change. I was not happy with how I was eating and the weight I was gaining. Also, I know that high blood pressure and diabetes run in my family. With bad eating habits and no exercise, it wouldn’t have been long before my doctors made me do something about my weight.

When I started my weight loss journey in November 2013, my weight was 297 pounds. Today, my weight is 135 pounds. I was tired of being a big female and listening to people make fat girl jokes about me. I not only wanted to lose weight but to make it a weight loss journey.

I found out online about the ALKALINE way of eating. I completely stopped eating meat and any meat products. I stopped eating ALL white foods (i.e., rice, bread, grits, etc.) I added more fruits and vegetables into my meal plans that I came up with at home. My meal plan consists of fruit, vegetables, homemade smoothies, homemade chickpea soups, and my nut mix (Brazil nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, raisins, and goji berries.) 

I learned about natural foods that are healthy and great for my body. I cleaned out my fridge and cupboards and went shopping. It was rough in the beginning. I felt so lost, but I found out how to listen to my body and love my body just by adhering to what my body is saying.

After I changed my eating habits, I started to incorporate exercise into my routine. I started by walking for 30 minutes a day. Gradually, I worked up to walking/running for an hour. Now I am running every day for an hour and doing indoor workouts that now include weight training.

Rochelle before and after weight loss

My biggest motivation is my two daughters (Ashlyn and Hazel), my three grandsons (RayShawn, M.J, and Macario), and myself. No matter what size I am, they encourage me to be the best me ever. Some days, I don’t want to work out or eat healthy. I usually remind myself about my WHY…why did I start and why I must continue. 

Don’t get me wrong. I love me, no matter my size, but I want to be and stay healthy. When I feel like giving in, I remember my WHY. 

MY biggest lesson so far has been how to RELAX. Also, I have learned to love myself all over again. It’s been an amazing journey so far. I am excited to see what I will conquer in 2021.

My advice to other women on their weight loss journey is to love yourself enough to make a change for the better. Your body will love you for it. Also, not every day is going to be the same. Some days are good, some bad, some great, some awesome, and some amazing. No matter what, I give thanks every day. 





Source by [author_name]



source https://betterweightloss.info/rochelle-lost-162-pounds-black-weight-loss-success/

No comments:

Post a Comment

28 Unimaginable Culinary Nourishment Well being And Wellness Coaches

There’s a riches of information supplied regarding meals, wellness, nourishment, weight-reduction plan plan in addition to dishes– and li...