Friday 22 January 2021

Shamika lost 49 pounds | Black Weight Loss Success

Shamika lost 49 pounds. She has a very physically demanding job in construction. Her motivation to lose weight came from getting out of breath and feeling like she was slowing down at work. She got results by exercising and adopting a Keto lifestyle. 

What was your motivation? What inspired you to keep going, even when you wanted to give up?
My weight has been up and down over the last three years. At the highest, my weight was 272 pounds, and I was very uncomfortable. 

My motivation to lose weight was the fact that I have a very physical job in construction. We climb towers and steps. We are on our feet for 10-12 hours a day, seven days a week. We don’t get off days until the contract is complete, which could be as soon as two weeks and has been as long as four months. I work in oil refineries through third party safety contractors.

My job is the main reason I decided to get all the way serious about my weight. Also, I was getting out of breath while working and climbing. The weight slowed me down and started to affect my performance at work. 

What inspired me the most was wanting to be healthy and fit for myself first, and then for my grandbabies (Peyton – age 7, Paxton – age 3, and Kristopher – 1 year old). I was thinking of them. (My kids are all grown.)

I also wanted to be the best version of myself, so I had to stay at it. I’m not getting any younger, but I am very youthful at heart. I committed to love myself enough to take care of myself. 

Shamika before and after

How did you change your eating habits?
I changed my eating habits by going Keto. It was single-handedly the best decision I ever made. I joined Darius Cooks‘ Keto group on Facebook and went hard in the paint by researching meals and foods that are high in fat. It wasn’t easy, but my persistence definitely paid off. 

I stopped eating sugar and foods that are full of carbs. I cut out white bread, potatoes, rice, ice cream, sugary drinks, soda, etc. I also learned that it’s essential to detox your body on a regular basis. Also, drinking a gallon of water daily played a significant role in my success as well. The detox tea I prefer to use is TLC detox tea. 

Tell us about your workout routine.
After a week of doing Keto, I noticed that my energy was through the roof in the best way possible. That led to me wanting to start power walking in the mornings (1-5 miles a day, three days a week) to release the natural energy I had. After that, I was led to start doing light cardio four days a week. 

What was your starting weight? What is your current weight?
My starting weight was 272 pounds, and my current weight is 223 pounds. I’m 49 pounds down, and my goal weight is 195 pounds. 

What is your height?
My height is 5’10”. 

When did you start your weight loss journey?
I started my journey in June 2020. It took six months for what I call the first phase of my transformation. 

Is weight loss surgery part of your journey?
Weight loss surgery is not a part of my journey. However, if the Lord says the same, I want to bless myself with a tummy tuck when I reach my goal weight. 

Shamika before and after

What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned?
Whenever I want to give up, I remember my Why. Even if I have not had a great day or if I ate something that didn’t support my goals, I’ve learned not to beat myself up. No matter what happens, I show up and give it my all, period. 

What advice would you like to share with women who want to lose weight?
The advice I would give to women wanting to lose weight is… 

  • Start and never compare their progress to anyone. 
  • Stay away from scales and follow the 80/20 method – 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. 
  • Please drink your water.
  • Most importantly, love and accept yourself as you are and then commit to staying the course. 

Instagram: @akimahswayllc





Source by [author_name]



source https://betterweightloss.info/shamika-lost-49-pounds-black-weight-loss-success/

No comments:

Post a Comment

28 Unimaginable Culinary Nourishment Well being And Wellness Coaches

There’s a riches of information supplied regarding meals, wellness, nourishment, weight-reduction plan plan in addition to dishes– and li...