Wednesday 20 January 2021

Shaneka lost 71 pounds | Black Weight Loss Success

Transformation of the Day: Shaneka lost 71 pounds. After spending lots of time and money chasing fads and quick-fix plans, she decided that she was ready to do something different. Focused on health, she invested in a personal trainer and learned how to eat a balanced diet.

Two and half years ago, I decided I was ready for a change! Prior to that, I spend hundreds of dollars on diet pills, plans, teas, etc., only lose about 20 pounds! I would workout for a month or two and then quit. I never changed my eating habits because I thought the pills would do all the work, smh! 

What was your motivation?
My motivation was my health. I was borderline diabetic and just felt awful about myself.

How did you change your eating habits?
I changed my eating habits, day by day, by introducing healthier foods into my routine and slowly cutting back on fast food and fried foods. I actually started with the Keto diet. 

I taught myself how to have a balanced diet by following various eating styles on YouTube, which played the biggest part in my weight loss journey. 

Tell us about your workout routine.
After losing 30 pounds just from changing my eating habits, I decided it was time to workout. I came to the conclusion that I needed help! I invested in a trainer (@bodies_by_el_fitness) upon realizing personal training is an investment into myself, and the returns would far exceed the amount it cost me. We meet three days a week for an hour session!

Shameka before and after

Having a trainer helped to hold me accountable, which led to my determination to be consistent! Having a trainer helped me establish a routine for myself with personalized workouts, plus so much more! 

What was your starting weight? What is your current weight?
My starting weight was 236 pounds, and my current weight is 165 pounds.

What is your height?
I’m 5’4″.

When did you begin your weight loss journey?
My journey started in June 2018.

What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned so far?
The biggest lesson I have learned is to have patience with myself. I have learned to rely on determination vs. motivation. Don’t focus on how long it will take. Focus on what it takes!

The biggest challenge on my weight loss journey was maintaining a healthy mindset! I realized that I quit so many times in the beginning because I had the wrong mindset. I was only focused on losing weight. Mindset is EVERYTHING! Losing weight might be a result, but it wasn’t my only goal. Your “why” has to be deeper than just losing weight. Do you quit and go back to the same habits after losing 20 to 30 pounds? Nope! Healthy and active is my goal! 

I’m still learning and working hard to hopefully be a help to someone else one day! 

Instagram: @sweatin2live

Shameka before and after





Source by [author_name]



source https://betterweightloss.info/shaneka-lost-71-pounds-black-weight-loss-success/

No comments:

Post a Comment

28 Unimaginable Culinary Nourishment Well being And Wellness Coaches

There’s a riches of information supplied regarding meals, wellness, nourishment, weight-reduction plan plan in addition to dishes– and li...